[mcclim-devel] McCLIM on the Mac

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Mon May 7 19:06:29 UTC 2007

Quoting Christian Lynbech (christian at defun.dk):
> I tried some of your suggestions and it changed the behaviour a bit.
>
> I first changed to the address-book demo with first exhibited the same
> behaviour as before. I then changed the default frame manager and now
> rather than a lowlevel error, I get the following lisp level error
> which could hint at the aforementioned input focus problem.
>
>     No applicable method for args:
>      (#<BEAGLE-PORT :screen MAIN-SCREEN>
>       #<CLIM-DEMO::ADDRESS-BOOK #x9348EBE>)
>      to #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION CLIM-BACKEND:PORT-FRAME-KEYBOARD-INPUT-FOCUS #x8A8156E>
>        [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

That would be recent bit rot, due to Christophe Rhodes's keyboard focus
changes.  %SET-PORT-KEYBOARD-FOCUS has been removed.  Instead ports need
to implement a method on PORT-FRAME-KEYBOARD-INPUT-FOCUS, which returns
the sheet that has input focus according to cocoa, and a SETF method of
the same name to change cocoa's focus.

BTW, the code involving event handling looks rather recent.  Browsing
through CVS history I noticed that Tim Moore committed some changes a
little over a year ago, for McCLIM 0.9.2.

d.