[mcclim-devel] sb-bsd-sockets

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 20:32:20 UTC 2005

Boris Tschirschwitz <boris at math.ubc.ca> writes:

> I am trying to use McCLIM with openmcl.  When compiling the beagle
> backend I get the error message that sb-bsd-sockets can't be found,
> apparently clx depends on it and mcclim depends on clx, even with
> beagle.

I believe that the recommended way to load telent-clx -- which is what
I guess you're using -- with openmcl is not the asd file but something
which is distributed with openmcl's clx distribution only.  (That is,
you should probably consult with the openmcl distributors as to how
they create and load their own distributions; it is possible that they
don't distribute an unmodified telent-clx tree).

In particular, it appears that there are no openmcl-specific
implementations of necessary functions in the telent clx tree as
distributed; you should really consult your implementation's
documentation and support channel, I guess.  (Maybe an openmcl-using
mcclim hacker can advise?)

Cheers,

Christophe