[mcclim-devel] Command and non-ASCII problems

Timothy Moore moore at bricoworks.com
Fri Dec 30 09:57:46 UTC 2005

On Dec 30, 2005, at 1:16 AM, Troels Henriksen wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to learn CLIM, through McCLIM, from the ground up, but
> I'm having a slight problem with commands. The following example
> program shows the issue:
>
> (in-package :clim-user)
>
> (define-application-frame example-editor ()
>   ()
>   (:menu-bar menubar-command-table)
>   (:panes
>    (text-edit :text-editor))
>   (:layouts
>    (default
>        text-edit)))
>
> (define-example-editor-command com-quit ()
>   (frame-exit *application-frame*))

> The "Quit" menu option shows up just fine, but nothing happens when I
> click it. Why is this?

The problem is that there is no application-pane (standard CLIM drawing
area) or interactor-pane (used for entering commands), so the whole
CLIM command infrastructure, which includes processing menu clicks, is
effectively disabled. I need to ponder whether or not this is correct
(I suspect not; the motivation was that with no *standard-input`* there
would be no place from which to read commands, but that's obviously not
correct in the presence of menus), but in the mean-time you want to
conduct your experiments with application panes or interactor panes, or
at the least add one of those panes to your application.

Tim