[mcclim-devel] Missing realizer in call to MAKE-PANE-1

Max-Gerd Retzlaff m.retzlaff at gmx.net
Wed Dec 21 21:01:24 UTC 2005

Hello

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 12:15:42PM -0500, Paul Werkowski wrote:
> ;;; Lispworks CLIM displays a radio box.
> ;;; McCLIM throws No Primary Method for MAKE-PANE-1
> ;;; with NIL as first argument.
>
> (define-application-frame test-woag ()
>  [...]
>          (with-output-as-gadget (p)
>  [...]

There is a general problem regarding WITH-OUTPUT-AS-GADGET that is known
for quite some time. Christopher Rhodes reported it on the 14th of July:
   http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/mcclim-devel/2005-July/004100.html
And I've sent another bug report on August, the 26th, giving some more
information that hopefully helps to narrow down the problem :
   http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/mcclim-devel/2005-August/004246.html

I would really like to see it working but I've not the time to fix it
in the moment, even more as I would have to learn more about output
records first.

Bye,
Max

--
Max-Gerd Retzlaff <m.retzlaff at gmx.net>
                                              http://bl0rg.net/~mgr/

For your amusement:
My brother sent me a postcard the other day with this big satellite
photo of the entire earth on it. On the back it said: "Wish you were
here".
	        -- Steven Wright