[mcclim-devel] current CVS McCLIM broken?

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Aug 30 08:22:01 UTC 2005

Max-Gerd Retzlaff <m.retzlaff at gmx.net> writes:

> sbcl --core /usr/local/lib/sbcl/sbcl.core_org --userinit ~/.sbclrc_core-dumping --eval '(progn (require :mcclim) (require :mcclim-freetype) (require :clim-examples) (require :clouseau) (require :clim-listener) (load #p"lispdir:slime;swank-loader") (load (merge-pathnames "Apps/Debugger/clim-debugger" (truename #p"lispdir:site;mcclim"))) (save-lisp-and-die "new-sbcl-asdf-install-clim-listener-clouseau-slime-swank-clim-debugger.core"))'

Can you try making (require :mcclim-freetype) the last thing you do
before SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE?  At the moment, mcclim-freetype has to
redefine various methods in the CLX backend -- and it's possible that
the way you're loading it is causing those methods to be redefined
back.  Certainly your error message is from running the wrong :before
method on SETF MEDIUM-TEXT-STYLE, I believe -- compare the version
from Backends/CLX/medium.lisp and
Experimental/freetype/freetype-fonts.lisp.  (Fixing this false
dichotomy is high on the list of priorities...)

(I have to say also that I can't reproduce what you're seeing on my
system)

Cheers,

Christophe