[lisp-game-dev] warning about lisp games and DoD "intellectual property"

Patrick Stein pat at nklein.com
Sun Jul 31 11:00:15 UTC 2011

Man… this is weird.  Some Google sleuthing turns up his Wikipedia profile which says he lives in Northborough, MA.  And, then whitepages.com gives:

David T Otoole
(508) 393-2210
39 Whitney St
Northborough, MA 01532-1429

I've never interacted with him in except for doing a last-minute entry in the Spring 2010 Lisp Games Jam.  But, I'm considering trying to call.  If one of you knows him better, I'll defer so we don't all bug him.

My best guess from the cryptic message from the 24th there is that somehow David ended up under DoD investigation because of something someone else shared with him?  Or because David had been a DoD contractor at some point in the past and in talking with some more recent contractor gave the impression that he has been able to use stuff he learned while DoD?  I have no idea.  But, I'm concerned.

… Patrick