[linedit-devel] maybe a possible bug?

james morris james at jwm-art.net
Mon Jun 1 15:32:52 UTC 2009

On 31/5/2009, "Nikodemus Siivola" <nikodemus at random-state.net> wrote:

>2009/5/31 james morris <james at jwm-art.net>:
>>
>> OK, I've taken the 'trouble' of looking into the source for linedit,
>> in particular the command-keys.lisp file, and have seen that the
>> functions i was looking for are implemented just not using the keys i
>> expected. It would be interesting to know why
>> CTRL-any-arrow-direction-key causes a hang tho.
>>
>> Any chance of getting home+end ctrl-arrow keys working in linedit by
>> default?
>
>Sure. I haven't touched linedit in quite a while, but am happy to
>merge a patch. :) ...with a bit of luck I might even find time to do
>it myself, but that will take a while.
>
>(Sorry for the slow answer, was at ELS 2009 this week.)

No problem. I'm still wondering though as to why CTRL-left/right/up/down
cause sbcl/linedit to hang? Sorry, i'm only a humble beginner to common
lisp so all i can do is report problems :|

I've attempted to change the key mappings to use home/end keys for
bol/eol but came stuck... i know that the keycodes generated for
home/end etc are a two-code thing, but not sure how to specify it in the
keys file within linedit - the defcommand using "home" and "end"
seems to be ignored by these keys which get caught (on my system
atleast) by the defcommand for "M-O" (IIRC) and the 2nd part of their
keycodes comes out as 'F' or 'H' (IIRC) at the prompt.

Cheers,
james.