[lgtk-devel] Building on mixed 32-bit/64-bit system

Mario Mommer mmommer at common-lisp.net
Thu May 26 22:43:32 UTC 2005

"David M. Cook" <dave at davidcook.org> writes:
> I'm trying to build lgtk on Fedora Core 4 Test 3 for x86_64.  I've got all
> the 32-bit compatability libs installed in /usr/lib.  However, I can't get
> the lgtk build script to find them.  /usr/lib64 is always searched first, so
> it never sees the compatible 32-bit libs in /usr/lib.  Anyone know how I can
> get it to actually look in the right place?

The trick is probably to get pkgconfig to return the right paths. I
don't know how to do that, though.

The alternative is setting the libs by hand. The list of libraries is
first put into *gtklibs* when the .asd file is loaded. You can
intercept them at some point, most likely in the perform
method. Search for load-foreign and *gtklibs*

> (This seems to be an issue with clg, too.  The only gtk lisp bindings I
> could get to build was cells-gtk by explicity setting the location of the
> libraries in its build script.)

Perhaps I should add to lgtk some way of specifying them
directly. Hm...

Regards
        Mario.