[lambda-gtk-devel] Bug in examples.lisp

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 5 22:33:50 UTC 2004

>  - rewrote 'ccl:library/openmcl-gtk-support.lisp' into
> 'ccl:library/openmcl-gtk2-support.lisp'
>    (BTW, is the installation of the gtk-task with def-load-pointers
> really neccessary?
>     Is there no better way to run the gtk-main loop in a dedicated
> thread?).

hi ralf - i wouldnt bother with ccl/library/openmcl-gtk-support.lisp --
it is not used or needed by lambda-gtk in any way. (at one point I did
try to use that timer function BUT it was the source of endless
problems with gtk and i gave up.) my own gtk interface just calls
gtk-main and it works very well. But  at some point it would be nice to
have a 'portable' solution to gtk-main's blocking the repl since this
is very unlispy. i think running gtk-main it in its own thread is
probably the first way to try. but i wouldn't  worry about that yet,
just get a version of lambda-gtk to compile and load on ppclinux.

> Hmm, i don't really know where to go now. Maybe one of the OpenMCL
> gurus has some idea/pointer?

dont go anywhere -- just forget about that file. look in the lambda-gtk
tarball for the file gtkffi-openmcl.lisp  -- all it does is load the
gtk libs and then does a  (ccl:use-interface-directory :gtk) and thats
it.   the big problem  om ppclinux may be the callbacks -- i dont know
if work in openmcl there or not.

-rick