[lambda-gtk-devel] Bug in examples.lisp

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Sat Dec 4 15:16:15 UTC 2004

Hello list,

just stumbled over a small buglet in 'examples.lisp' - the function
'textentry' fails to call gtk::init which results in some nasty
openmcl kernel mess when called (this bug only shows up iff '(textentry)'
is called before any other demo invocations, once any othjer demo got started
gtk (or - more precicely, it's type system - will be properly initialized).

BTW, i've started to work on gtk2 support for OpenMCL/Linux - so far i've
been able to generate gtk2.ffi and the interface database. I modified
openmcl-gtk-support to get a (not-so-good) working openmcl-gtk2-support.
I've even managed to frankensteinize Rick Taube's lambda-gtk-openmcl.lisp
into a lambda-gtk-openmcl-linux.lisp that _does_ produce a gtkffi-openmcl.lisp.
Now, i can load and start the examples but unfortunately the first callback
seems to tickle openmcl's kernel in unwanted places. I guess i should first
test my gtk2 bindings without the lambdagtk suggar ... :-/

Oh, and as a suggestion: i'd be rather cool to have libglade support in
lambda-gtk. Saves a _lot_ of typing ...

 Cheers Ralf Mattes