[iterate-devel] Re: Texinfo version of The Iterate Manual

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:15:21 UTC 2007

"Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril" <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> writes:
> Oh, I just saw that you also translated the "don't loop, iterate"
> paper. Great job!  I suggest you change the title page to mention that
> both papers are contained.

Do you mean the HTML page that links to the various formats or the
actual cover page? (which is unfortunately only generated for the tex
output)

> However, some details got lost in the translation. E.g. iterate.dvi
> §3.3 reads "Note that the pati ..." which looks like a typo.  Looking
> up the original dvi/ps/pdf, it used to say "pat{subscript]i", which
> was clearly related to the previous "pat[subscript:]1,
> pat[subscript:]2" in the text.  Is there a way to re-establish such
> items? HTML knows about subscripting, TeX of course knows, does Info
> handle that?

I couldn't find anything in the texinfo manual.  It's possible for the
TeX output (we can use the @mathx macro defined in iterate.texinfo) but
I couldn't find a way to do that for the HTML output.  Perhaps "pat_i"
would be slightly better than "pati". :-/

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/