[iterate-devel] Iterate download error

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:09:31 UTC 2006

On 05/01/06, Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril <Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:
> The code depends on non-guaranted behaviour of DELETE, basically that it implements the naive / canonical operation: RPLACD the previous CDR.
Yes, it looks like so.

> As I have not yet seen such other implementation, I've not bothered to write MY-DELETE to guarantee the behaviour needed by Iterate, or implement a different approach.
> If somebody yells that's not acceptable, please do so. I might change my opinion.
For portability reasons, maintainability, future proofness, I think
you really need use  such a MY-DELETE function, even on implementation
that *currently* provide the "obvious" implementation of DELETE.

> Faré, since you reported that it's sbcl who pointed you to delete in Iterate, I'd like to know which version you used. I could not reproduce a warning with sbcl-0.9.2 (as found in Ubuntu/Breezy).
REMOVE result checking was added recently. You may wank to upgrade
sbcl and/or install a newer one in /usr/local

Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate
and captain of your soul.