[iterate-devel]/[series-users] collect-tail ?

Hoehle, Joerg-Cyril Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Tue Dec 20 15:32:13 UTC 2005

Chris Dean wrote:
>[1]  The anatomy of a loop: a story of scope and control.
>     Olin Shivers.
>     http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~shivers/citations.html#loop
>
>[2]  Eager Comprehensions in Scheme: The design of SRFI-42
>     Sebastian Egner
>     http://www.deinprogramm.de/scheme-2005/program.html

Thank you very much for these pointers. I'm very happy to see research in iteration in a way that is potentially useable for CL (unlike iteration constructs in many other languages). I'm still looking for the ideal construct myself. :-)

>This is my standard looping question in any language: Read the last N
>lines of a file, transform them, filter them, and return the unique
>elements.
Not trivial, even with SRFI-42.

It's interesting how Iterate and SRFI-42 appear somewhat inside-out: one has COLLECT buried somewhere inside the body, the other right upfront (list-ec). OTOH, one has the form to be collected buried deep inside, the other right next to COLLECT.  Good reading.

Regards,
	Jorg Hohle