[iolib-devel] pathnames in asdf:defsystem are NOT evaluated.

Nikolay V. Razbegaev marsijanin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 07:31:42 UTC 2010

Sorry, I used wrong email address for first time.

I guess, that it is ECL's problem, not IOLib's. I'm loading IOlib in ECL
in following Mainer:

(let ((*features* (remove :asdf2 *features*)))
	   (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :iolib))

I'm using ecl 10.4.1 on 32 bit linux machine:

CL-USER> (lisp-implementation-type)
"ECL"
CL-USER> (lisp-implementation-version)
"10.4.1"
CL-USER> *features*
(:SERVE-EVENT :PROFILE :ASDF2 :ASDF :LINUX :FORMATTER :UINT64-T :UINT32-T
 :UINT16-T :RELATIVE-PACKAGE-NAMES :UNICODE :DFFI :CLOS-STREAMS :CMU-FORMAT
 :UNIX :ECL-PDE :DLOPEN :CLOS :THREADS :BOEHM-GC :ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP
 :IEEE-FLOATING-POINT :PREFIXED-API :FFI :I686 :COMMON :ECL)

Recent SBCL's version (1.0.40) load IOLib just fine, i.e. w/o removing
:ASDF2 from *features*.

The problem is that SBCL is using more recent ASDF's version:

CL-USER> (asdf:asdf-version)
"2.003"

ans ECL's:
(asdf:asdf-version)
"1.655"

wbr

Nikolay

P.S. Which cffi version you used? I have my own fork at gitorious.org:
http://gitorious.org/~marsijanin/cffi/marsijanins-cffi, but some work
need to be done in order to merge with main cffi branch (last time I
tried to load iolib with HEAD of the main cffi branch I got some errors
about cffi's wrapper/grovel).