[iolib-devel] traceback help

Marko Tapio Manninen mmstud at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 18:12:21 UTC 2008

elliott kirjoitti 6.6.2008 kello 18.21:

> Marko Tapio Manninen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> every now and then i get the mysterious traceback with emacs and
>> slime and i cant always figure out, how to detect the problem. In
>> this case anonymous function is called with invalid arguments, but
>> how do i know, what is the specific function, where it is and so on?
>
> I'm not sure of your level of familiarity with debugging, but
> usually when I get a backtrace I locate the area of code it's
> referring to and put break points or TRACE the function calls to see
> things a bit clearer.  The fact that this involves an anonymous
> function call I'd say to pay close attention to lambda statements,
> LABELS, FLET's and the like.  I would spend some time with the
> primary method for IO.MULTIPLEX:EVENT-DISPATCH as the backtrace
> indicates that was the most recent method called before the backtrace.

Ok. Just wanted to know if there is something, i should specially know.

> I've rarely used (*)MCL, so I'm not sure that I can be a big help on
> that end.  Looking at the code I can't see any function calls with
> extra arguments, so it could be a bug local to your CCL or something
> else strange.  Have you tried another lisp implementation to see if
> the problem is cross implementation?

I can get it work with sbcl, well lets say, i dont get any errors at
least. So it has something to do with openmcl. Im also trying to get
bourdeaux threads test suite working and see, if there is something,
but it takes also some extra efforts...