[iolib-devel] Status of IOLib

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at common-lisp.net
Mon Dec 3 14:30:11 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 01:53:51PM +0100, Kai Oliver Kaminski wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm interested in using IOLib for network programming and was wondering
>what its status is.  It doesn't currently work on my system (Ubuntu
>7.10, SBCL 1.0.12, 64bit) for a variety of reasons. I could probably
>fix some of these things but first I'd like to know wheter IOLib is
>still alive, what the current plans are and which version of it is
>supposed to work.  I tried the current darcs stuff with the development
>version of CFFI.  I'd also like to understand the relationship to
>osicat, which was mentioned on the mailing list.

iolib is almost ready for a new release: at the moment I'm polishing the
API then I'll write some docs. I hope to release in a couple of weeks
but first we must for Babel to stabilise(it still has a few bugs at the
moment)

anyway, if you want to play with it, you must install SERIES,
split-sequence, trivial-gray-streams and RT(for the tests) plus the
following live sources - some darcs, some git:

darcs get http://common-lisp.net/project/alexandria/darcs/alexandria
darcs get http://common-lisp.net/~sionescu/repos/trivial-features
darcs get http://common-lisp.net/~sionescu/repos/babel
darcs get http://common-lisp.net/~sionescu/repos/cffi