[ieeefp-tests-devel] Symbolic printing of well-known values

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 20:59:30 UTC 2004

Raymond Toy <toy at rtp.ericsson.se> writes:

> > (one other thing to bear in mind: my suspicion is that the act of
> > wanting to test ieee features will lead to a pseudo-compatibility
> > library for ieee functionality, living in ieee754-fooimpl.lisp; with
> > luck, we'll be able to find a nonhorrible API that can be written up
>
> I'm more willing to blame the libm vendor and/or chip for problems.
> I'm not really keen on implementing a compliant cosh implementation,
> for example.

Ah, sorry, that's not what I meant.  I meant tools such as for
inspecting the accrued exceptions, setting the rounding mode,
examining the operands of a trapping instruction, getting the
sign/mantissa/exponent of a float, examining the nonsignificant bits
of a NaN, unordered comparison operations, and so on.  Operations that
are specified in ieee754 as "would be nice".

Cheers,

Christophe