[gsharp-devel] Re: [gsharp-cvs] CVS gsharp

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 10:42:17 UTC 2006

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> I'm afraid I get a floating point error when attempting to incorporate
> zero-length keysignature elements.  The relevant parts of the
> backtrace are below; this occurs just after the first insertion of a
> zero-duration element.  I also attach the current diff: if instead of
> returning 0 from DURATION (ELEMENT) I return 1/8 (or some such
> non-zero quantity) things appear to work.

Just so people know: this is now resolved, and the attached patch
appears to have the basic functionality needed.  The agenda now is

* fix the easiest FIXMEs in the patch;

* rework the patch to implement and use the discussed protocols (key
  signature protocol and staffwise-element protocol);

* implement insertable clefs, to check that the protocols do actually
  make things easier;

* merge.