[graphic-forms-devel] Corman Lisp

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 16:37:13 UTC 2007

On 10/27/07, William Proffitt <jacobite1607 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Graphic-Forms and I was curious if any attempt has been made to
> get it working with Corman Lisp? If so what do I need to do?

Hi William. Some time ago, I looked into what it would take to port to
Corman Lisp. I put the effort aside when I discovered that Corman's
implementation of the MOP is based on Closette, and thus lacks
sufficient functionality that Closer to MOP is unable to support it.
See the email threads:

http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/closer-devel/2006-June/000066.html
and
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/closer-devel/2006-July/000076.html

Graphic-Forms uses the MOP to define event dispatchers that wrap
callbacks supplied by the application, so proper MOP support is very
important.

There may have been other issues with a Corman port that I'm not
remembering.

--
Jack Unrue