clbuild, was Re: [graphic-forms-devel] Up and running

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 05:12:54 UTC 2007

On 8/30/07, David Lichteblau <david at lichteblau.com> wrote:

> Okay, the whole ASDF-on-Windows situation is not ideal, so your
> configuration file to get people started is probably a good idea.
>
> I was hoping that the shortcut patch for ASDF makes things a little
> easier (because ordinary windows shortcuts created manually can be
> used), but that does not help much as long as it's not committed.
>
> clbuild is something I find valuable to avoid having to install
> everything manually, but I don't test it regularly on Windows, so it
> might be more trouble than it's worth for others.

It's nice to have graphic-forms supported in clbuild, so I
thank you for making that happen.

I think the trouble is the uneven functionality provided by
different Unix-compatibility layers for Windows, not clbuild
itself. For instance, MSYS has a broken version of ln which
behaves like cp instead. If I were running Cygwin I suspect
clbuild would work fine on my machine.

One comment to the wider audience. The shortcut patch
mentioned above, which is available at:

  http://www.lichteblau.com/blubba/shortcut/

is very easy to apply, if you're inclined to build SBCL/Win32 from
source.

--
Jack Unrue