[graphic-forms-devel] Getting started

Jack Unrue jdunrue at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 17:59:08 UTC 2007

On 8/26/07, Ken Perry <kperry at blinksoft.com> wrote:

> Ok thanks I will go make sure I have the latest release.  I downloaded it as
> a zip from some page but I think I will just attach to the subversion and
> make sure I am up to date.  After that I will try that link you just sent
> out in your second mail and hopefully get this working.  Do you think this
> will work with UFAsoft's version of lisp in the future.  I only ask because
> the lispworks IDE is not accessible to blind coders currently and that
> leaves me out.

I don't have any plans to support UFAsoft. The immediate problem is that
the libraries that I need for Graphic-Forms, especially CFFI and Closer to MOP,
don't support it. But also, in the past there has been some question about
UFAsoft's use of CLISP as part of a proprietary product without also following
the terms of the GPL (under which CLISP is licensed). So I feel little
motivation
to pursue a port to UFAsoft at this time.

Have you tried the Allegro CL evaluation? Perhaps their IDE has better
accessibility
support.

Speaking of which, accessibility support in Graphic-Forms is yet another item on
the future todo list. If you have some knowledge of the APIs and would ever
like to contribute patches, I'd be happy to review and apply them.

> Also am I right to be using the clisp that comes with Cygwin or should I get
> another version of it to just compile at the XP command prompt.

The Cygwin version should be OK, but note that I don't test with it. I use the
MinGW version, and I'm currently running version 2.41.

--
Jack Unrue