[FileMaker and Lisp] RegexPlugIn assistance needed

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Jun 11 18:56:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:33:56 +0200, "Sven Siegmund" <sven.siegmund at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I subscribed to get some support with RegexPlugIn for Filemaker.
>
> I successfully installed RegexPlugIn in Filmaker 7 (on Windows XP).
>
> Evaluate ("RegP_Version" ) results in "0.2.1", so the plugin is
> basically working. What is not working is pretty much everything else:
>
> I have made a testing database which I attach. It has three fields:
> target
> function
> result
>
> The second record of this databse is like this:
> target: something
> function: RegP_Replace ( "o" ; target; "xxx")
> result: ?
>
> But as result I expected sxxxmething.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong, you're just seeing a peculiarity of
FileMaker.  Edit the "function" field (e.g. add a space at the end and
delete it again) and you should see the correct result - at least that
works for me.

Jens can explain this better than me (I'm not a FileMaker expert), but
I would guess there's an FAQ entry for this.

HTH,
Edi.