[flexi-streams-devel] unit test failure on sbcl

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sat Oct 29 14:27:30 UTC 2011

Hello.

When running asdf:test-op on the flexi-streams 1.0.7 with SBCL some failures occur.

The error message is

Test (STRING=
      (FLEXI-STREAMS-TEST::OLD-OCTETS-TO-STRING
       FLEXI-STREAMS-TEST::OCTETS-VECTOR :EXTERNAL-FORMAT
       FLEXI-STREAMS-TEST::EXTERNAL-FORMAT)
      STRING) failed signalling error of type TYPE-ERROR: The value 0
                                                          is not of type
                                                            (MEMBER NIL T).

If I comment lines 341, 342 in test.lisp, the error does not occur.

I googled for that error and found a code snippet
(http://paste.lisp.org/display/73334) which reproduces the
error:

(with-input-from-string (in "123456")
  (let ((stream (flex:make-flexi-stream in))
        (buffer (make-sequence 'string 3)))
    (read-sequence buffer stream)))

The code is not correct because it creates flexi-stream on top of character but not binary
stream. But the error message is the same, probably it might help you identify the
reason why the tests fail.

Best regards,
- Anton