[flexi-streams-devel] New release 0.9.0

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Dec 27 23:04:39 UTC 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:43:31 +0200, Anton Vodonosov <vodonosov at mail.ru> wrote:

> Do you still think so?

Yes.

> You pointed here -
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.steel-bank.general/1400/ - that
> "the code has lost quite a bit of its original elegance". It's
> true. Now we have new entities appeared in the library "world" only
> for optimization. And all optimization is to make decision only
> once, instead of making it every time when character is read.

Yes, but IMHO you won't get the elegance back with the approach we're
talking about.  I'm not too happy about the many new classes I had to
introduce, but factoring out code into different methods basically
seems like the right thing to me.  Also note that the optimization is
not only to make the decisions only once but also to rely on the
implementation's method dispatch which is most likely faster than
pulling a closure out of a slot and funcalling it.

Anyway, I'd prefer if we leave the code as it is for now.

Thanks,
Edi.