[fetter-devel] carriage returns

David Huebel davidhuebel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:58:57 UTC 2007

On 4/17/07, Attila Lendvai <attila.lendvai at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm experimenting with Verrazano and it looks very interesting and useful!
>
> but some of the files have carriage return chars in them (0x0d) which
> makes life hard when not on windows (and even there).

My fault for not handling this when migrating from CVS.  CVS translates line
endings by default, but Subversion only does so when specifically
instructed.   Subversion handles end-of-line translations on files whose
svn:eol-style property has the value "native".  I will add this property to all
the text files in the repository (this weekend at the latest; probably not
before then).

Unfortunately, the Subversion repository can't be configured to set this
property automatically on newly added files.  I believe the svn client can be
configured to set it automatically, but I haven't tried it.

-David