[erlisp-devel] FYI

Heow Eide-Goodman lists at alphageeksinc.com
Fri Aug 12 10:32:47 UTC 2005

PlanetLisp has this snippit regarding high-performance CL network
servers:

 Joel Reymont is having problems getting details on how best to do a
high perfomance network server in lisp. The main problem seems to be
that the various Common Lisp network servers are threaded and each
thread takes up 2-4MB of heap. This limits the amount of threads that
can be spawned.

    With Erlang I can just launch a process to handle my incoming
request, one process per request, without worries. I'm using Allegro CL,
a top-notch Lisp implementation and I have to worry that each thread is
gonna eat up 2-4Mb of memory. There seems to be no guidance or
established pattern on how to write a high-performance network server in
Lisp.