[erlisp-devel] local nodes, how many?

Eric Lavigne lavigne.eric at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 21:29:43 UTC 2005

These lines are in erlisp/src/node.lisp:

(defvar *current-node* (make-instance 'local-node))

(defun current-node ()
  "Return the current/local node."
  *current-node*)

This suggests that there is only one local-node and that it is also
called the current-node. My interpretation, then, is that all other
nodes will be associated with separate Lisp invocations. In other
words, without distributed processing there can be only one node. Is
this right?

Also, the only place I have seen nodes used is in test/process.lisp,
which only tests whether a created process is associated with
current-node. Are there any other uses for nodes so far?

Eric