[elephant-devel] get-instances-by-value and get-instances-by-class

Lukas Gießmann lukas.giessmann at hotmail.de
Fri Mar 5 13:12:19 UTC 2010

Hi list,

in our application which uses elephant 1.0 with sbcl 1.0.29.11.debian on ubuntu we have a memory leak.
After a lot of debugging I am sure to have found the responsible function. It seems that elephant:get-instances-by-value does not release the needed memory after the operation is done.
I also have some debug-examples with this and other elephant functions and the needed memory:

---------------------
(dotimes (i 1000000)
    (elephant:get-instances-by-value 'd::TopicIdentificationC 'd::uri "goethe"))
;--> memory that is not released after operation 29.0 MB

(dotimes (i 1000000)
    (elephant:get-instance-by-value 'd::TopicIdentificationC 'd::uri "goethe"))
;--> memory that is not released after operation 0.1 MB

(dotimes (i 1000000)
    (elephant:get-instances-by-class 'd::TopicIdentificationC))
;--> memory that is not released after operation 58.9 MB

Is there any function or any method to relaese the memory after a call of elephant:get-instances-by-value or elephant:get-instances-by-class. Maybe there is any other work-around?

Thanks in advance

Lukas