[elephant-devel] Last patches

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Wed Jun 10 13:56:56 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I've sent some patches to upstream; three of them warrant
comments:

Wed Jun 10 12:32:28 CEST 2009  Leslie P. Polzer <polzer at gnu.org>
  * Support custom retry delays (defaulting to 0.1s) and functions.

This is for BDB. Massive concurrency leads to enormous delays
as threads are always busy-waiting for their chance to get their
data through. A fixed delay of 0.1s between retries works surprisingly
well, but the patch also enables the user to supply custom delays
or delay functions.

Wed Jun 10 15:45:25 CEST 2009  Leslie P. Polzer <polzer at gnu.org>
  * DB-POSTMODERN: fix SB-IMPL usage.

SBCL recently locked the SB-IMPL package. I just added a call
to WITHOUT-PACKAGE-LOCKS around DB-POSTMODERN's call to
SB-IMPL::QUICK-INTEGER-TO-STRING.

I haven't tested this since it's too cumbersome right now to
configure my PG server, but the change is both trivial and
important so I made it.

Wed Jun 10 15:47:02 CEST 2009  Leslie P. Polzer <polzer at gnu.org>
  * Make deserialization errors inherit from ERROR.

I don't think there was a particular reason for making it
not properly inherit from error.

  Happy hacking,

    Leslie

--