[elephant-devel] BDB Replication

Yarek Kowalik yarek.kowalik at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 21:05:14 UTC 2009

Ian,

I think the later is what's supported/implemented by BDB:

"Berkeley DB supports replication over multiple systems, enabling
applications to scale massively with low latency and provide fault tolerance
for high availability solutions. This technique works by having all updates
go to a designated master, which distributes changes automatically to a set
of replicas ..."

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/db/index.html

I'm not sure at this stage if there are any changes required within Elephant
itself as this may just be an "off-the-shelf" capability of the BDB backend.

Yarek