[elephant-devel] Elephant 1.0 Alpha 1 (elephant-unstable, elephant, and elephant-1.0 repos)

Ian Eslick eslick at media.mit.edu
Sat Jan 3 19:25:27 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I'm in the process of cleaning things up and announcing an Alpha of
release 1.0 with the current state of the unstable tree.  Since we
recommend just about everyone move to unstable when they have a
problem, I think that clarifying the current recommendation and its
current status is in order.

I've cloned elephant-unstable and created a new darcs repository
'elephant-1.0' that is currently synced to unstable.  I'd ask that
active developers switch over to this at your earliest convenience.  I
will tag this in the next day or so and send the announcement to
elephant-announce.  I will eventually remove elephant and replace it
with elephant-0.9.1 to avoid confusion.

I'm also in the process of bringing the website up to date.

Please send me comments online or offline regarding this unilateral
decision.  I know everyone is busy and we've been putting off this
release for almost nine months now so it's way past time we moved on
with this.

CL-SQL/SQLite3 is clean for me on Linux/SBCL sans one issue with
association slots
Postmodern is clean for Alex sans 1 outstanding problem

The upgrade process hasn't been fully verified, but has been shown to
work for BDB.  Caveats will be clearly spelled out in the
announcement.  Mostly it's in relation to new features that didn't
exist in 0.9.1.

Regards,
Ian