[elephant-devel] postmodern btree problem

Hugo Duncan hugo_duncan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 1 21:54:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have some test code that uses btree's as persistent slot values of a
persistent class, initialised with an :initform (make-btree).  Running the
code frequently, but not always, gives the error:

   "The slot DB-POSTMODERN::KEY-TYPE is unbound in the object
#<DB-POSTMODERN::PM-BTREE db-table:NIL {12F27649}>."

in DB-POSTMODERN::INITIALIZED-P.

The error doesn't always happen at the same place - sometimes on btree
read, sometimes on btree insert.  Against a BDB 4.7 backend, the code
works reliably.  This is using elephant-unstable with a postgresql 8.3
database on OS X.

I am having trouble reducing the code to a sensible test case that
exhibits the same behaviour.  Any suggestions on how I can track this down?

Hugo