[elephant-devel] Elephant on Windows/SBCL?

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Sun Sep 14 08:57:07 UTC 2008

> Alternatively, would it be possible to use CFFI instead (with the UFFI compatibility
layer if necessary)? I know CFFI works with SBCL/win32, and other currently
unsupported implementations (e.g. CLISP).

I tried this once but ran into problems with memutil (IIRC).

At this point there are several possibilities:

  a) fix CFFI's UFFI emulation

  b) write a memutil version that uses CFFI instead of UFFI

  c) write conditionals for the problematic parts
     that use CFFI instead of CFFI's UFFI emulation

  d) write a memutil version that uses CL exclusively

Not sure how involved a) would be. Better ask the CFFI guys.

b) seems nice but may be a bit of work if you don't know
much about FFI stuff.

c) might be the best route in terms of time and speed.
Again, ask the CFFI guys.

Version d) is probably slower esp. with BDB, but it might
be a quick and clean drop-in.

So talk a bit to the regulars of cffi-devel and they
might be able to tell us something useful.

  Leslie

--
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/polzer
Xing Profile: https://www.xing.com/profile/LeslieP_Polzer