[elephant-devel] Dropping DB connection during writes

Tayssir John Gabbour tjg at pentaside.org
Fri Nov 21 13:24:56 UTC 2008

Leslie P. Polzer wrote:
 > On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 11:02:21AM +0100, Tayssir John Gabbour wrote:
 >> foo-user> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :elephant-tests)
 >> foo-user> (ele-tests::do-test-spec 'testthreads)
 >> NIL
 >
 > In fact this should output a lot of stuff.
 > How long does it take until returning?

Unfortunately, no time at all -- TIME consistently tells me 0.000
seconds, in all fields. And it just returns NIL.

Incidentally, I pulled the latest stable as you mentioned (using "darcs
pull") and so far it seems that Elephant/Postmodern works fine! Haven't
tested CLSQL.

(So, I have just one store-controller open over the app lifetime. No
weird races or dropped connections seem to happen. And the PostgreSQL
connections stay at a low level.)

Thanks Alex, Ian and Leslie,
Tayssir