[elephant-devel] keeping btree indices up to date

Tiarnan O'Corrain ocorrain at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 18:59:08 UTC 2008

Hi--

I'm storing objects in a btree, and indexing one slot common to all of
the objects for fast retrieval.  There is more than one type of object
in the btree, so I'm using btree indices rather than a slot index.

I note that when the indexed slot changes, the index is not updated.
As I'm using this slot to retrieve objects, this is something of a
problem.  The slot contains a string value.

I could get around this by deleting and then recreating the index, but
that seems ugly.  Is there anything else I can do?

I'm using the latest darcs elephant from the common-lisp.net repo with
Berkeley DB 4.5.

regards

Tiarnan

--
I have a vegetable garden...in about three months I'll have six
cabbages, 12 lettuces and at least eight onions, so the recession