[elephant-devel] class indexing txn problems

Henrik Hjelte henrik at evahjelte.com
Tue Mar 11 14:52:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Alex Mizrahi <killerstorm at newmail.ru> wrote:

>  find-inverted-index does two things: creates DB object representing index
>  and caches it.
>  then transaction is aborted -- all DB changes are effectively wiped.
>  but we still have references to DB object in %index-cache, and accessing
>  it's slots produces errors:

A quick idea:
Can't elephant keep a list of lambda forms to be executed at commit
and perhaps a list of lambda forms to be executed at abort. Then
instead of directly caching it, you can make a lambda form that does
the caching, and push it to the list of commit actions. This will
defer execution of it to a safer time.

/Henrik