[elephant-devel] Patch to 0.9.0

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Wed Sep 5 16:11:42 UTC 2007

There was a disconnect between the case-insensitive string comparison
inside BDB and that assumed in the lisp code (i.e. two lisp strings
were not equal when they were equal in BDB causing the map function
to misbehave).  I believe I've fixed this.

Are there any assumptions about case sensitivity in the Postmodern
backend?  I know that the SQL backend relies entirely on the lisp
comparison function.

I'll add some tests for this case and commit the patch to the 0.9.0
CVS tree as well as my local 0.9.1 darcs branch for near-term
integration into the main darcs repository.

Cheers,
Ian

PS - I'm not making my local 0.9.1 branch available not because I
can't but because it is not in a coherent state.