[elephant-devel] String class index broken?

Ian Eslick eslick at csail.mit.edu
Wed Sep 5 02:22:57 UTC 2007

I found the bug, it's an optimization left in the BDB cursor code
that would work with exact key matches but fails on non-exact matches
due to the way I implemented map-index.

Here's the patch to src/db-bdb/bdb-collections.lisp

593c593,596
<             (values t key (deserialize val sc)
---
 >             (values t
 >                     (progn (buffer-read-oid k)
 >                            (deserialize k sc))
 >                     (deserialize val sc)

I'll promote it to the 0.9p1 tree (CVS HEAD) after I investigate
other functions for these screw cases and add some test cases as well.

Ian