[elephant-devel] run-elephant-thread

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Sun Jan 21 03:23:16 UTC 2007

Scribit Robert L. Read dies 20/01/2007 hora 14:06:
> I personally solve problem by using SBCL mutexes around the
> serialize/deserialize code, but I have not committed that code, since
> it is highly SBCL-specific, and in fact I don't know of a good way to
> do locking portably.

I used the bordeux-threads to do that, I attach the patch I personnaly
used. It works like a charm as far as I can see, but as I'm not that
familiar with Elephant's internals, I can't tell if everything is indeed
correctly protected. My applications using it were only put under
moderate workload.

Avoid globals is a Good Thing anyway, and hopefully 0.6.1 will be both
thead-safe and efficient (the lock solution adds a major bottleneck...).

Portably,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A