SV: SV: SV: SV: SV: SV: [elephant-devel] Memory error with Elephant

Petter Egesund Petter.Egesund at kunnskapsforlaget.no
Tue Aug 22 12:18:30 UTC 2006

Hi;

I have done some debugging. It seems the problem of serializing integers is caused by mixing of the types int and integer in the foreign interface?

I change the function read-int in the package memutil.lisp to:

(defun pread-int (buf offset)
  "Read a 32-bit signed integer from a foreign char buffer."
  (declare (optimize speed (safety 1) (debug 1))
	   (type (alien (* char)) buf)
	   (type fixnum offset))
  (print "Offset: ") (print offset)
  (the (signed-byte 32)
    (deref (cast (sap-alien (sap+ (alien-sap buf) offset) (* char))
		 (* int))))) ;; !!!!!!!!!!!!! Changed from (* integer)

After this the integer-test runs fine. I will do some more testing.

Cheers,

Petter Egesund