[elephant-devel] Can I run Elephant on LWW 4.4 and Sleepycat 4.3 ?

Ben ben at medianstrip.net
Tue Jan 18 17:16:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

Unfortunately no one has worked on Lispworks for Windows yet.  On the
bright side, most of the hard work was done for Allegro:

1) getting the DLL to compile
2) 16-bit Unicode support

The last thing to work on is getting the MOP stuff to work with LW.  I
don't think this is very hard -- some of the code is already there.
MOP stuff is a little messy though.

Sleepycat 4.3 will not work -- they changed some #defines.  It should
be easy to get it to work though, and I started working on this
already.  Eventually I'm going to port to using their sequences for
OIDs.

I unfortunately don't have time at the moment to work on elephant.  If
you can wait, Andrew and I have been making noises about cutting a new
release, which will include a revamping of the MOP stuff amongst other
things.  I'll put it on my list of things-to-do to try to get LW for
Windows up too.  It will happen, it just might not happen as soon as
we want.

Or, if you're feeling generous, i would be more than happy to help you
or anyone else (nudge nudge) who wants to put in a few cycles getting
things like LW for Windows up and running.

Take care, Ben