[eclipse-devel] Ping and a question about modifier keys

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Mon Nov 27 15:21:08 UTC 2006

Hello list,

        looking at the archives i'm not shure anybody listens :-/
        I'd like to pick up a thread started by Xavier Maillard last
        year:

         I try to use my 'Microsoft'-Key as the main key to interact
        with eclipse.
        That key is known it X as the Super_L key (according to xev). I
        tried to
        create bindings like this:

              (define-key-combo :switch-screen-left
                  :keys '(:LEFT)
                  :modifiers '(:SUPER-LEFT))

         but eclipse refuses to acccept the modifier. The same happens
        when i
         asign META to the MS-Key.

         Looking at *modifier->modifier-mask* i get:

         EWMI> kb::*modifier->modifier-mask*
        (:ISO-LEVEL3-SHIFT 256
         :MODE-SWITCH 128
         :NUM-LOCK 16
          NIL 144
         :ALT-LEFT 8
         :CONTROL-LEFT 4
         :CONTROL-RIGHT 4
         :CAPS-LOCK 4
         :SHIFT-RIGHT 1
         :SHIFT-LEFT 1
         :ANY 32768)

        with both META and SUPER_L missing. Any ideas?

         Cheers, Ralf Mattes