patches for eclipse building

Christian Lynbech lynbech at defun.dk
Sun Mar 23 10:28:01 UTC 2003

I have finally finished my attempt at improving the eclipse build
process.

As far as I can test it, it should support both fasl files (libing in the
source directory) and standalone core files (where everything
necessary gets installed).

This patch contains also a new option for determining the name of the
startup file as was previously discussed.

I propose (and the patch anticipates its approval :-) that we rename
the system startup file from .eclipse to eclipserc. I do not think
eclipse should install dot files. I always keep forgetting that theyu
are there and they is no real reason that the two files (user file and
library file) must have the same name.

I have thrown in another little modification. Under CMUCL, I have
changed the %quit% code from calling `quit' to calling `unix:exit'. I
have numerous times gotten an eclipse process looping endslessly in a
SIGPIPE error after exiting X. I guess that `quit' wants to do some
cleanup, but this fails since the connection has been closed
down. After the change I have not seen that problem. Alternatively we
could probably just call `quit' with a non-nil argument which
presumably has pretty much the same effect (judging from the document
string of `quit').

I have tried to add some documentation to the readme file but I am not
sure that I am explaining configuration options very well.

The patch comes as three files, one diff, the new file
"config.lisp.in" and a cvsignore file for lib/ which I think is
missing.

The diff is against a freshly updated sandbox so it should apply
cleanly.