[drakma-devel] read-status-line is seeing the HTTP request line!?

Daniel Weinreb dlw at itasoftware.com
Thu Mar 17 15:30:21 UTC 2011

Has anybody seen a behavior in which read-status-line
signals a syntax-error, and it turns out that the value
of "line" looks like an HTTP request line rather
than an HTTP status (response) line?  The following
is the stack trace.

 From my old C++ days (may they never return), I
conjectured that some string buffer is being reused
or something like that.; We are running on CCL
(formerly openmcl), and nothing like that is
going on at the CCL level.; I don't know much
about flexi-streams or gray-streams. Anyway
that's just a rather wild guess. Thanks!

<READ-STATUS-LINE at pc +669
     Arguments: (STREAM &OPTIONAL DRAKMA::LOG-STREAM)
       STREAM: <FLEXI-STREAMS:FLEXI-IO-STREAM #x30200938EB3D>
       DRAKMA::LOG-STREAM: NIL
     Local bindings:
       CHUNGA:CURRENT-ERROR-MESSAGE "While reading status line:""
       DRAKMA::LINE: ""POST /stat/ping HTTP/1.1""
       DRAKMA::FIRST-SPACE-POS: 4
       DRAKMA::SECOND-SPACE-POS: 15

Thanks!

- Dan