[drakma-devel] Patch - Accept-Encoding: gzip

Red Daly reddaly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:03:29 UTC 2010

Hi Edi,

This started off as a simple wrapper around a drakma call, but I found
it handy enough that I used it in a few different places.  Since
Drakma is a non-trivial HTTP client, I thought it might be
appropriate.  Next time I have a chance I will hookify the patch

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> Hi Red,
>
> Thanks for the patch.  (But note the guidelines at
> <http://weitz.de/patches.html>...)

I thought I obeyed most of them except for "If you're going to send a
patch which makes significant changes, ask me first if I'm actually
willing to integrate your changes before you end up doing a lot of
work in vain."  Just for future reference--did I miss anything else?

> I'm unsure whether I want to accept the patch, though.  I don't really
> want to add a dependency on another library which in turn depends on
> another library for a pretty rare case.  I'd rather implement a hook
> or something so that Drakma users can pre-process the content
> externally.
>
> Cheers,
> Edi.

Thanks for the libraries!