[drakma-devel] Query string construction, ALIST-TO-URL-ENCODED-STRING

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Aug 19 11:54:50 UTC 2008

On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 13:23:15 +0200, Maciej Pasternacki <japhy at zenbe.com> wrote:

> I use Drakma in my cl-openid project, and I need to construct query
> string on the fly.  I need to pass along the URI objects with the
> query string, and finally I do not only call HTTP-REQUEST, but also
> call #'HUNCHENTOOT:REDIRECT on them, or just return those URLs as
> part of a message.  Drakma allows to build query string only
> directly as part of HTTP-REQUEST, and does not make the
> functionality available to user.
>
> At the moment I use unexported ALIST-TO-URL-ENCODED-STRING, but I'd
> like to ask if there is any possibility of having
> ALIST-TO-URL-ENCODED-STRING and URL-ENCODE exported as part of
> official API?  It would be certainly useful, and I think I am not
> the only one who needs to manipulate URIs and query strings.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was on vacation.

About exporting URL-ENCODE, I'm not sure as it's already exported by
Hunchentoot and will lead to conflicts if you use both packages.
Exporting the other function is fine with me if you provide a patch
against the dev version at bknr.net.

  http://weitz.de/patches.html

Thanks,
Edi.