[clpython-devel] Re: CLPython on LispWorks

Willem Broekema metawilm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 22:43:07 UTC 2008

Jochen, thanks for the feedback!

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Jochen Schmidt <jsc at crispylogics.com> wrote:
> Hello Willem,
>
>  I've tried to compile CLPython as you suggested in your message.
>  There were two problems I had to solve:
>
>  1) Incomplete Definition in core/csetup.lisp

Right, I submitted work in progress, sorry about that, and your
solution was right.

>  2) Reader Problem in exceptions.lisp

Good catch, and you are right again: the eval-when for {Exception} is
not even needed; removed now.

>  Again: CLPython is a really impressive bit of work! Thanks for sharing it
> with us.

Thanks for the feedback. You caught the code at a bad moment, but your
fixes were completely right.
The code I just submitted should be in public cvs in an hour.

My plan is to release a 1.0 fairly soon based on the current code, but
with better integration of Python modules and Lisp packages, and
hopefully with support for CMUCL and/or SBCL.

- Willem