[clpython-devel] CLPython on LispWorks

Willem Broekema metawilm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:31:44 UTC 2008

Dear list members,

In the last few days I made CLPython more portable, so that it now
runs on LispWorks too!

If you have LispWorks, please give it a try and let me know if you
encounter any problems. In particular I'd like to hear if the unit
test runs fine for you, too. Once that is verified, I'll update the
outdated web page with the new status, and call this "CLPython 1.0".

Please take these steps:

1. Download CLPython from CVS:
  cvs -d :pserver:cvspublic at cvspublic.franz.com:/cvs-public login
  Password: cvspublic
  cvs -d :pserver:cvspublic at cvspublic.franz.com:/cvs-public checkout clpython

2. Download the test framework "ptester" (the portable version of
Allegro's "tester") from
  http://files.b9.com/ptester/ptester-latest.tar.gz
  and install that asdf system.

3. Load the :clpython asdf system:  (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :clpython)

4. Run the CLPython unit tests:  (asdf:operate 'asdf:test-op :clpython)

The unit test should finish with the message "Errors detected in this
test: 5" (which are 5 known issues) and several hundred test
successes.

Please let me know how this works for you.
Also, start up the Python REPL with (clpython:repl) and start typing :-)

Cheers,
- Willem