[climacs-devel] Redisplay bug?

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Mon Jan 28 08:27:03 UTC 2008

Robert Strandh <strandh at labri.fr> writes:

> In a fresh buffer (as a result of find-file on a file that doesn't
> exist), if I type
>
>   a b c d <RET> e f g h C-p C-o C-k C-o
>
> the second line is no longer visible, until I either type C-k again,
> or C-l.
>
> Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

Nice catch. Due to the fact that the redisplay engine is highly
nonconsing, some old line data was left over and made it think that
the new line (the one that was moved down) was not, in fact, new. I
ran into a similar bug with strokes at the end of a line
earlier. Fixed in McCLIM CVS.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen