[climacs-devel] A couple questions

Jacob Oursland xmm0 at xmm0.com
Sun Jan 6 07:30:51 UTC 2008

Hey gang!

I'd like to say how awesome Climacs is, particularly that it is as
responsive now as Emacs is.  Thanks for the hard work in that
accomplishment!!

But, I do have a couple questions:
1.  What is the goal of Climacs?  Is it to be an Emacs clone?  Should
elisp be the scripting language, or will it be an emacs-like tool?

2.  I'm not particularly satisfied with the color scheme.  I hack in
Emacs using a color scheme rather similar to that of Turbo Pascal of
the late 80s.  Where are the color schemes defined?  Is it in the
files *-syntax.lisp?  If so, is there currently a plan to make that
less hard-coded and perhaps schemable?

My current platform is Mac OS X 10.4.11 using SBCL (near latest cvs)
with Christophe's CLX and cvs Climacs.  This configuration doesn't
seem to have working scroll bars, but neither does Emacs (not good
ones, anyhow). :P

-Jake